Quick facts: In the United States there are over 2.2 million burglaries that occur each year. That breaks down to a burglary being committed every 15 seconds of the day. Home burglaries account for 70% of these crimes and typically spike during the summer months. The two months that have highest number of home burglaries would be the months of July and August.
Burglary statistics in 2020
In September of 2020, The Zebra conducted a nationwide survey of 1,500 American homeowners and renters to gain deeper insight into common concerns and oversights regarding personal security and safety. The survey found that:
- 46.9% of people don’t have a home security system installed in their homes.
- 20.2% of people have had their cars burglarized, while only 5.8% had their homes burglarized.
- 15.9% of respondents chose their dog for security reasons.
- External cameras were listed as the most important feature to have in a security system (32.3%). Motion sensors (28.6%) and floodlights (24.5%) were found to be in the top three most important features.
- 17.2% of people do not lock their front doors while at their home, despite the front door being the access point for 34% of burglars.
- 56.1% of respondents have not taken a personal safety training class.
- 55.4% of respondents have a fire safety evacuation plan.
- 38% of people own a weapon for personal safety reasons.
To protect your home and business All Computer Needs Corp recommends the Qolsys alarm system.
It is a robust alarm system that offers many features besides an intrusion alarm.
Here or just a few of the features that can be added onto Qolsys panel.
- Business Automation
- Geo Fencing
- Voice Control with Amazon Alexia
- Lighting Control
- Temperature control
- Camera Control
- All done through one APP